Nanyang Executive Education
Mergers and Acquisitions
(19 & 20 Aug 2013, Jakarta, Indonesia)
The level of Mergers and Acquisitions activities in Asia is expected to increase substantially with the economic recovery and return of Asian economies to their pre financial crisis growth paths. This module will explore the reasons and motivations for mergers and acquisitions, and will examine the strategic considerations in planning and implementing a merger or acquisition, in either a friendly or hostile environment. The acquisition process will be discussed in detail, including the bid process, due diligence, closing and implementation. The aim is to provide an understanding of the strategic, cost, valuation, structure, financial, accounting, negotiation and implementation issues associated with mergers and acquisitions. The special topics will also include leverage buyout transactions and analysis of international acquisitions.
- Corporate Governance
- Stock versus Cash
- Target Valuation
- Acquisitions as Growth Strategy
- Corporate Restructuring
- Private Equity & LBO Valuation
- Hostile Takeovers
- Due Diligence
- Cross Border Acquisitions
- Understand of the role of M&A as a legitimate activity in any entity’s corporate strategy and growth policy
- Participants will take away an ability to use various tool / techniques of valuation including of synergy and determination of premium
- Participants will take away an understanding of processes involved in M&A, processes such as target identification, due diligence, negotiation, and implementation
- Participants will take away a thorough understanding of term and techniques including leverage buyouts, private equity, and take over measure and cross border acquisition
This executive programme on Understanding Mergers and Acquisitions is intended for:
- Senior and mid-level corporate officers
- Owners or executives at small/medium enterprises
- Financial officers or bankers
- Officials responsible for strategic planning
- Fund managers with a need to know about Mergers and Acquisitions
Date: 19 - 20 Aug 2013, Jakarta, Indonesia
Time: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Fee: SGD$1,600.00 per participant. The fee is inclusive of tuition, course materials, lunch and tea breaks, and the Certificate of Participation.
Early payment benefit
Enjoy a 10% early payment benefit if you register more than 45 days before the start of the programme.
Enjoy a 15% discount if you send in 3 or more participants who sign up from the same company, or for multiple programme registrations.
*Only one discount scheme is applicable at any one time
- 100% refund of the program fee if notification is received more than 60 days from the start of the program, minus administrative fee of SGD$250.00nett.
- 50% refund of the program fee if notification is received between 45-60 days from the start of the program
- 25% refund of the program fee if notification if received between 15-44 days from the start of the program.
- No refund if notification is received less than 15 days from the start of the program. In this regard, we would recommend you to either defer or find a replacement.
Enquiries: Please contact us at (65) 6514 8376/6592 2537 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD, MA, BA (Hons), CFA
Associate Dean (Nanyang Executive Education )
and Associate Professor of Banking and Finance
Nanyang Business School
Nanyang Technological University
Executive Education, Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological
Nilanjan Sen, Ph.D., C.F.A. is an Associate Professor of Banking and Finance at Nanyang Business School (NTU) and concurrently holds an adjunct Associate Professor position at Cornell University. Professor Sen received his Ph.D from Virginia Tech and was a faculty member at Arizona State University prior to joining NTU, Singapore. He has published extensively in academic as well as practitioner journals and currently teaches corporate and international finance. He has presented in several international conferences and presently works in the area of corporate governance and dividend policy. Dr. Sen has conducted training programs for several banks and government agencies, was the chief examiner for Certified Investment and Security Analyst Institute (CISA), Thailand, and has worked with several U.S. based preparatory programs for CFA examinations. He currently conducts executive training programs for Cornell-NTU Institute, Center for Research in Financial Services as well as CFA review programs for the Financial Training Company. Dr. Sen is Associate Dean of English Executive Programmes at Nanyang Business School. He is also the Director of Nanyang Executive MBA program, Berkeley-Nanyang Advanced Management Program as well as Nanyang Fellows program. In 2004, Professor Sen received the researcher of the year award from School of Global Management and Leadership, Arizona State University and best teacher award from the division of Banking and Finance, Nanyang Business School. He is also the recipient of the Teacher of the Year award in Financial Engineering Program for 2006 and 2008.
Tel: (65)6514 8376/6592 2537 Fax: (65)
6794 7518 Email: email@example.com
You have received this
email because you have subscribed to this or our marketing partners’
database. If this email was sent in error,
please click on the link UNSUBSCRIBE to unsubscribe. Please accept our
apologies for any inconvenience caused.