Nanyang Executive Education
Financial Statement Analysis and Practical Business Applications
16 - 17 Oct 2014, Singapore (2 days)
This course focuses on the interpretation of financial statements from an external user perspective. We consider the usage and interpretation of financial statements from multiple stakeholders such as management, shareholders, investors, borrowers, lenders, employees and regulators. It is intended for non-finance professionals without prior exposure to accounting and finance training. It presents the basic concepts underlying financial statements and the terminology and methods that allow participants to interpret, analyze and evaluate actual corporate financial statements. Practical application of these concepts will be emphasized through various case studies.
- Obtain a good understanding on how to interpret financial statements such as income statement, balance sheet and statement
of cash flow.
- Understanding and interpreting key financial statement ratios.
- Interpreting financial information from different stakeholders’ perspectives such as management, shareholders,
investors, borrowers, lenders, employees and regulators.
- Detecting earnings manipulation using financial statements and notes to the accounts.
- Recognizing potential warning signals from financial statements.
- Interpreting financial statements (such as income statement, balance sheet and
statement of cash flow) and notes to accounts.
- Understanding the effect of typical business transactions and strategies on financial
statements and key performance indicators.
- Interpreting financial information from different stakeholders’ perspectives such as such
as management, shareholders, investors, borrowers, lenders, employees and regulators.
- Using financial ratios and trends analysis to assess business performance and risk.
- Detecting earnings manipulation using accounting information and notes to the accounts.
- Warning signals and red-flags from financial statements.
- Case studies on the practical application of financial statement analysis for business
decision making such as performance evaluation, investment analysis and predicting
This program is designed for non-accounting trained executives working in all functional areas such as engineering, sales and marketing, administration, corporate planning, legal, human resources, information technology and corporate planning. The program is suitable for anyone who wishes to acquire the appropriate tools and techniques for interpreting and using financial accounting information in their organisation. In essence, the program equips with the participants with a good understanding of how to interpret and use financial accounting information for business decision making such as performance evaluation, investment analysis and assessing corporate bankruptcy risk. Upon completion of this program, you will receive a prestigious NTU Certificate of Completion, in recognition of your accomplishment, skills and knowledge learned from this program.
“Knowledgeable and open instructors who relates real life senarios for understanding of theories and encourages active participation among each other.”
Wong Yeow Kong
Director (Supply Chain), Uhlmann Sgp LLp
“Highly informative with constant relatability, that gives an in-depth insight into the industry that is useful to the professional and personal aspects of my life."
Director (Rooms), Park Regis Investments Pte Ltd
“Case studies were used to augment understanding with also real-life examples”
Executive, Mitsui & Co (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd
“Instructor was very good at explaining the subject matter and illustrating the concepts with anecdotes, practical examples, highly instructive session”
Cancellation and Deferment Fee
Date: 4 - 5 Aug 2014, 16 - 17 Oct 2014
Time: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Fee: SGD$1,712.00 (inclusive of GST) per participant. The fee is inclusive of tuition, course materials, lunch and tea breaks, and the Certificate of Participation.
Early registration fee (10% discount)
SGD$1540.80 per pax (inclusive of prevailing GST) if you register more than 45 days before the start of the programme.
Group fee (15% discount)*
SGD$1,455.20 per pax (inclusive of prevailing GST) for 3 or more persons who sign up from the same company, or for multiple programme registrations within the past 24 months.
NTU Alumni Discount (20% discount)*
SGD$1,369.60 per pax(inclusive of prevailing GST)
#NTU Alumni refers to those who have graduated from our undergraduate/postgraduate programmes.
*Only one discount scheme is applicable at any one time
- 100% refund of the program fee if notification is received more than 60 days from the start of the program, minus administrative fee of SGD$250.00nett.
- 50% refund of the program fee if notification is received between 45-60 days from the start of the program
- 25% refund of the program fee if notification if received between 15-44 days from the start of the program.
- No refund if notification is received less than 15 days from the start of the program. In this regard, we would recommend you to either defer or find a replacement.
Enquiries: Please contact us at (65) 6592 3799/6592 2537 or email to email@example.com
Lee Kin Wai
B. Ec (Hons), MBA, PhD, CPA
Nanyang Business School
Nanyang Technological University
Executive Education, Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological
Lee Kin Wai is Associate Professor of Accounting at Nanyang Business School in Nanyang Technological University. He holds a First Class Honours Degree (with University Medal) in Accounting, MBA (distinction in finance) and PhD degree. He is a member of Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants, Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants and American Accounting Association. Dr. Lee is the Deputy Chairman of the Shell Singapore Employees Union Cooperative Limited and he served as a member of the Corporate Governance Committee of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants.
Prior to joining academia, Dr. Lee had extensive experience in accounting and finance and was the Group Accounting Manager in a publicly listed multinational corporation. Dr. Lee specializes in financial statement analysis, capital market research in accounting, corporate governance and valuation. His research on corporate governance and financial accounting standards has been published in international accounting and finance journals such as Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Corporate Finance, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance, Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies, International Journal of Business, Singapore Accountant and Accounting and Finance Journal and the business press such as Business Times and Straits Times. He conducts courses at the undergraduate and MBA levels, and executive seminars for organizations such as Shell, Mitsui, Asia-Pacific Breweries, Panasonic Asia Pacific, Tyco, Singapore Technologies Engineering, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, Singapore National Cooperatives Federation, Capital Market and Financial Institutions Supervisory Agency and Asia-Pacific Bankers Club. In 2007, he received the Teacher of the Year Award for the MBA program. In 2010, he received the Teacher of the Year Award for the Accountancy program in Nanyang Business School. In 2010, he received the Nanyang Award for Teaching Excellence at Nanyang Technological University.
Tel: (65) 6592 2537/ 6592 1791 /6592 3799 Fax: (65)
6794 7518 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have received this
email because you have subscribed to this or our marketing partners’
database. If this email was sent in error,
please click on the link UNSUBSCRIBE to unsubscribe. Please accept our
apologies for any inconvenience caused.